How to do NPS Registration at CAMSNPS?
1. First, you must go to the official website of CAMSNPS.
2. On the home page there is an option of ‘NPS Registration’. Click on it.
3. A new page will open where you will be required to enter your personal details like name, birth date, etc.
4. After filling in all of the information, click on the submit button after filling in all the details.
5. The NPS login will be created and you will be given an ID for your user and a password.
6. Utilize these credentials to log in to your NPS account , and then start investing.
What is NPS Registration?
National Pension Scheme or NPS is a pension plan launched by the Government of India for the benefit of everyone in the country. It is a voluntary fixed-cost retirement savings scheme which permits subscribers to make regular contributions to their retirement savings. Subscribers can select their individual investment mix from different asset classes as per their risk appetite and investment goals. NPS has a unique combination of features which makes it a great instrument for planning your retirement.
NPS registration is possible online as well as offline. For registration online the subscriber must access the NPS e-NPS portal from the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and submit the required information. Online registration is done by visiting the nearest Point of Presence (POP) of NPS and submitting the duly completed form with necessary documents.
The documents required to register an NPS registration are as follows:
-Bank account details
– KYC documents
After registration is complete and the subscriber is allotted a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) that will be used in all future transactions that are related to the NPS account.
What are the rules to be a registered NPS Registration?
National Pension Scheme (NPS) is a government-sponsored retirement savings scheme. Any Indian citizen between the age of 18 to 60 years old can create an NPS account.
The scheme has two components which are Tier I and Tier II. Tier I is a mandatory account that allows you to make contributions. Withdrawals from this account are prohibited prior to retirement. Tier II can be a purely voluntary account, which allows withdrawals whenever and however you want.
To establish the NPS Account, you will need to possess a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and the minimum amount of contribution is Rs. 500. The account is open on the internet as well as offline.
To open an account on the internet, you need to visit each of the Points of Presence (POPs). These are licensed banks as well as post offices that offer NPS services. At the POP, you must fill out the NPS Account opening forms and return it together with your card for PAN and your cancelled cheque.
It is also necessary to submit a self-attested picture and select a nominee to your account. When your account is officially opened, you will be allotted an account number for Permanent Retirement Accounts (PRAN).
To start your NPS Account online you must connect to the eNPS portal using your Net banking information. After you’ve signed in, you need to fill out the application form for opening an account and submit it along together with your card for PAN and a cancelled cheque.
It is also necessary to upload a self-attested photograph and select a person to be a nominee on your account. Once your account has been created and you are given a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN).
How do you complete this NPS Registration process?
The National Pension Scheme (NPS) is a voluntary, fixed contribution retirement savings scheme administered and developed through the Government of India. NPS account can be opened by anyone Indian citizen between the age from 18 to 60.
The NPS registration procedure is easy and can be done online through the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) website. The CRA acts as an NPS Trustee Bank selected by the Government of India to manage the NPS scheme.
Below are the necessary steps you must follow to complete the NPS registration process:
- Go to the CAMSNPS website ( www.CAMSNPS.com) and click on the ‘Register Now Click Here’ under the section ‘New Subscriber’.
- Enter the necessary personal information and then create an ID for the user and a password.
- Select the mode you prefer for contribution (one-time lump-sum or monthly payments) and investment selection (Active Choice or Auto Choice).
- Select a NPS Tier I account or NPS Tier II account. Tier I accounts are the standard and obligatory account, while Tier II is an optional savings account.
- Enter your bank account details for electronic transactions.
- Select the Nomination option.
- Review and submit the completed form.
After the registration process has been completed after which you will be assigned the Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN). This PRAN is your personal identification number for any future transactions linked to that NPS account.